Saturday, July 18, 2009

Europe Day 48 of 59, Bonn

Day 48, also known as Day 3 in Bonn, was Monte Mare day. Monte Mare is a waterpark just 30 minutes away from Howardhaus in Bad Godesberg. The kids were, one might say, enthusiastic about going there. I decided to take the path of the wise, leaving the iPhone at Howardhaus. Though I am sure there would have been fantastic pictures to be taken there, waterslides and wavepools are just not a good idea for a piece of circuitry that has relatively great importance.

So... google images has provided us with the following pics.

That is in fact exactly what we saw there. And we all had fun going up to the waterslides and zipping down the tubes. Over and over. In fact, I went down laying on my back with feet forward, laying on my back head first, and on my belly sliding head first. For the record, on the back and head first was the most fun, as you couldn't see where you were headed.

Every 20 or 30 minutes, a horn sounds to signal that waves are about to be rushing around this large pool. The currents were pretty strong, and swimming through the artificial tides was quite tiring.

For dinner we went to Limao, the local Brasilian restaurant. I aimed the iPhone at Gillian and she ask, "What should I do?" I said, "Pat your Dad on the head." She did.

Amanda and Charlie awaiting their meal.

Barbie and I sat in the corner with a tree providing cover from any hostile natives.

Barbie ordered a virgin cocktail.

Barbie and I shared the, "Mixed Grill For Two." This included grilled turkey, ostrich, and steak, with 2 sausages, rice, farofa, beans and a spicy sauce. (Copied directly from the menu.)

The waiter is well-liked, if you know what it is that I am saying.

On the way back to the car, Amanda was willing to pose for me.

Gillian was willing to pose as well.

Charlie, not so much.

Back at Howardhaus, we finished off the cake from the night before. It was my lucky night. I got to finish Gillian's and then Barbie's. It was like a cake marathon.

That is the expression of a young woman filled with cake and ice cream.

Charlie's favorite pose. This picture taken not by yours truly but by Gillian Howard.

It doesn't get much better than this.

Charlie called me upstairs to take a picture of him with his golf club. There is no way that this pic would not make the blog.

After this, there was a little Mario Kart, some television, and then off to bed. Tomorrow, we head to an airport again.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a fun but tiring day, keeoing up with the kids. Sleep well and enjoy the few days left. Yo Queenie

    ReplyDelete
  2. That skinny gangsta Amanda cracks me up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was ready to sleep around 10 PM, and we've normally been up until 2-3 AM. Gangsta Amanda could crack you up in many ways, Yo.

    ReplyDelete