Friday, July 17, 2009

Europe Day 47 of 59, Bonn

I explained it yesterday. Bonn is not about museums, not about landmarks, not about meals.

Wii Mario Kart for the win! I had never played before this visit, and it is so much fun that I plan to play all night while everyone else sleeps.

Dinner was BBQ again, with chicken, salmon, watermelon and more. And cake. I ate the chocolate cake so quickly I forgot to take a pic of it, but it was delicious with multi-colored sprinkles on it.

Casa Howard in Deutschland.

From the above pic, cropped so that you can feel the cuteness.

More cuteness.

At the end of yesterday's blog, I hinted about fulfilling a lifelong dream. A complete lie. However, since seeing the bowling alley in Bray, Ireland, I mentioned on the blog that I wanted to bowl on another continent. My brother read that and for tonight he planned...

Bowling in Germany!

Barbie and Amanda with a gigantic happy bowling pin.

This bowling alley was wild; 24 lanes, 12 upstairs and 12 downstairs. I had never seen a two level bowling alley before. Downstairs is non-smoking, which was fabulous.

Yours truly, bowling on another continent. If that alley looks short to you, that's because it is around 2/3 the length of a bowling alley at home.

Amanda bowling. After more than half the game, the bowling alley people offered to set the gutter guards to come up for the kids. This made everything more fun. Odd that they didn't tell us this was possible earlier.

At 9 PM the German bowling alley even did the thing where they turn off the lights and turn up the music. That would be Barbie rolling above.

My brother Matt rolls one.

The sky as we exited the bowling alley was, how you say, awesome.

And thus ends day 47.

No comments:

Post a Comment