Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Around The World 2011 Day 6: Phuket, Thailand

Happy Birthday, United States of America.  For the third year in a row, we celebrate our independence from the King of England overseas.  And today was one of those fantabulous, awesome days where we simply relaxed.  Wonderful.  Especially considering that soon enough we will be having very busy days, we were quite happy to spend the Fourth of July relaxing.

Also, after last night's Night on the Town, today was the first day that we were not up at 6 AM for breakfast.  We slept until 10 AM and then headed to breakfast.  It was... different.
In case you were wondering, breakfast is served THERE.
Is this not the best way to serve honey you ever seen?  An actual honeycomb, dripping into a channel and slowly gliding into a bowl.
Breakfast shot.  OJ, fruit and egg-white omelet, baked beans, and coffee.

Time to hit that pool.
This is exactly what I would see when laying on my back on the lounge chair.
This is exactly what I would see when sitting up in my lounge chair.
And this... this is what I would see when laying on my belly on the lounge chair. 

Our room is in the red circle.

There.  You just saw everything that I saw today while laying by the pool.

After some clean-up, it is time for dinner.
 We have never seen this reflection pool so incredibly calm.  No wind at all.
And this is the closest we have yet to come to a sunset.  The ridge that the sun appears to be setting behind is a cloud layer.  Technically, I do not think this counts as a sunset.
Dinner at the Andaman Grill.
Someone looks happy-happy-happy.
That bread tasted as good as it looks.   And since we skipped lunch today, we ate the bread.  I know that sounds like a euphemism, but it is not.  (Did you even notice that we skipped lunch?  Did you?  I tell you, we are taking this easting less thing seriously.)
Barbie started with the spinach and mushroom salad.  I had no starter.
Seared blue-fin tuna.  Absolutely delicious and gave me the feeling that I was being healthy and wise on Independence Day.
Barbie got the lamb chops.
Twilight is the best.
The same reflection pool as nine pictures above, but after sunset when the fire is added.  I would say that these fires more than make up for our lack of fireworks.
The moon is THERE.

And that wraps up our wonderful, relaxing Fourth of July.  Tomorrow we have a lot planned!  Get ready for it.

1 comment:

  1. Loved the honey. Totally the best presentation ever. Thanks for sharing. -Susan

    ReplyDelete