Monday, March 28, 2011

NYC, March 2011, Day 5

I realize that people often read these Waste posts out of order.  If somehow you are reading this after not having read yesterday's post, allow me to fill you in on what you need to know.  One, we are in New York. Two, we basically came to New York because the NBA game that we had tickets for last November was cancelled and then rescheduled for today.  Three, we have been visiting friends and eating meals in New York for several days.  Four, last night Barbie and I both got very sick with food poisoning.

There.

There is one thing on this day's agenda: lay in bed and rest until it is time to go to Madison Square Garden to to watch the Orlando Magic play the New York Knicks.  That is it.  We spent all morning and afternoon just trying to gather the strength that we will need for tonight.
Room service was ordered.  That burger did me good.  Barbie could barely make herself eat more than a few spoonfuls of her chicken soup.

I kept feeling better and better every hour, which was good news.  Barbie was having a much harder time.  I know you do not want the details, but suffice to say the difference between us most likely relates to the fact that my body expelled more poison more quickly than hers did.

That said, there is a Knicks game to attend.  It will be the fifth arena where Barbie and I shall see a NBA game together.  The other four?  The Los Angeles Forum, Los Angeles Staples Center, Salt Lake City Craphole (okay, that is not the arena's name but those Utah Jazz fans were so horrible that I will never not want to punch a person wearing Jazz paraphernalia in the face), and Miami American Airlines Arena.
I have a PDF of our tickets to tonight's game in my iPhone, which meant walking down to our Club Lounge to ask a nice concierge person to print them out for me.
As long as I am here, how about a picture of the Ritz Carlton Central Park Club Lounge?  Nice spread.  If I was able to even consider eating, I would have done so.  Alas, the remnants of the feeling of food poisoning made this spread look particularly unappetizing to me.
Magical.  I asked the person at the desk for her email, sent the Knicks tickets PDF to her, she printed them, and handed them to me.  Voila.

Seriously.  It is Six PM and I have gotten out of bed twice for a total of maybe fifteen minutes and have still managed to make this Waste post exist.  But it is time to rally.  Barbie got out of bed, got ready, and we headed to Madison Square Garden.
Sure, I used the NYC Subway App in my iPhone to get us here, but you have to love helpful signage.
Here we are...  Madison Square Garden, which labels itself The World's Most Famous Arena.  It is just a hunch, but I bet that the people who came up with this catchphrase share the same mindset as those who named our nation's baseball championships the World Series.
From the side you can see the actual arena.
Entering!  I was sincerely excited, and basically over the food poisoning.  Poor Barbie was excited but not over it, and being a trooper.
Almost there!
I know it is not barefoot, but my feet have been to Madison Square Garden.
Easy to tell which person got more of the poison out of their body faster, no?
Game on!
Next to us were six Brooklyn boys.  They sat one seat over than they were supposed to and then the usher guy came over and made them hand over every ticket.  There was so many loud words being thrown around in Brooklyn accents that it was probably the best conversation I have ever heard.  Barbie said, "I wish you had gotten that on video."

I especially loved that after it was all over one guy kept complaining that the curse word guy gave us a hard time and then his buddy kept saying, "He's just doing his job, you're the curse word."  It was beautiful.  Too bad that the Colossal Waste editor does not allow swearing on the Waste.  That cursing was funny.
Halftime trampoline dunker.  In case you cannot spot him...
...he is in the circle.  Dude is way high up there, yo.
Madison Square Garden panorama.  Seriously good shot.  You should probably right-click-open-in-new-window this one.  Seriously good.
Happy Knicks fans.  I have failed to mention that the New York Knicks have lost six games in a row before tonight.  They really need a win.
Barbie and the Brooklyn Guys.  They might have been from Queens, or the Bronx, or Long Island... but to us they are the Brooklyn Guys.
Overtime baby!
Very happy Knicks fans.  The losing streak is over!
A picture of the scoreboard, proving that the Knicks did in fact win a basketball game.

Barbie got to see her favorite player Dwight Howard play in person, and now we are headed back to the hotel.

Man do we need to get back in bed.

This Waste post is proof yet again that a day in which we do almost nothing at all in New York City is still relatively interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment