Sunday, April 18, 2010

Aspen, April 2010, Day 7

Here it is. The day that we go home. All packed up the night before, all we had to do was wake up and get going.

Remember a few days ago when I apologized for not taking a picture of the breakfast Barbie cooked in the condo? With this pic I declare the lapse compensated.

Leaving the hotel, we see luggage racks, bronze wildlife, and people. After being deserted for most of the week, Aspen clearly went from 5% occupied Monday to a whopping 20% occupied Saturday.

A shot from the car of the Rockies, on the way to the airport. If you are holding a camera device in your hand and you see these mountains painted against a blue sky, it is impossible to not take several pics. This one was the best.

Aspen airport. There are advantages to small towns.

Our carriage to Denver.

I love snapping this kind of pic. Planes are cool. The closer, the cooler.

Your average Rocky Mountain airplane window pic.

Clouds casting shadows on the Rockies. Again, I challenge you to look at that view and not take a pic.

Our carriage from Denver to Los Angeles is right THERE.

Airplane portrait.

As we landed, the child in front of me reached out to touch Los Angeles with her fingers.

As carry-on only people, we normally shoot right through Baggage Claim and onto the street. Sean had checked his bag, which gave me an opportunity to notice this sign for the first time.

While we waited for Lon to pick us up, Barbie went and sat next to the dude with the iPad. She returned and said, "He's just playing some stupid game." A pretty safe bet, I assume.

Sean, Lon, Barbie and I grabbed dinner on the way home, and because we had yet to walk through the door of our home, I consider this meal still part of the "trip." A stretch, I know.

But the Spinach Enchiladas (with chicken) at A Votre Sante are so photogenic that I had to let them be the last pic of the week.

It feels delightful to be at sea level. Thank goodness the next trip is a wedding in Florida. I am fairly certain you cannot get too high above sea level in that state.

No comments:

Post a Comment